India Fashion Week Pictures
India fashion week pictures – Korean fashion websites.
India Fashion Week Pictures
- A fashion week is a fashion industry event, lasting approximately one week, which allows fashion designers, brands or “houses” to display their latest collections in runway shows and buyers to take a look at the latest trends.
- The most sacred time of the year in Los Angeles. Sort of like the High Holy Days in Judaism, Ramadan in Islam, and FIFA World Cup Soccer for every country in the world except the United States.
- (picture) visualize: imagine; conceive of; see in one’s mind; “I can’t see him on horseback!”; “I can see what will happen”; “I can see a risk in this strategy”
- Describe (someone or something) in a certain way
- Form a mental image of
- (pictural) pictorial: pertaining to or consisting of pictures; “pictorial perspective”; “pictorial records”
- (picture) a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface; “they showed us the pictures of their wedding”; “a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them”
- Represent (someone or something) in a photograph or picture
- (indian) a member of the race of people living in America when Europeans arrived
- A country in southern Asia that occupies the greater part of the Indian subcontinent; pop. 1,065,000,000; capital, New Delhi; official languages, Hindi and English (14 other languages are recognized as official in certain regions; of these, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu have the most first-language speakers)
- (indian) of or relating to or characteristic of India or the East Indies or their peoples or languages or cultures; “the Indian subcontinent”; “Indian saris”
- a republic in the Asian subcontinent in southern Asia; second most populous country in the world; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1947
- A code word representing the letter I, used in radio communication
india fashion week pictures – India, Its
Gul Panag The Human Spirit in a Blog
I am connected to Bollywood and have known many actresses but nobody has impressed me as Gul Panag and so before I took her pictures I took her explicit permission call it a moderation of a blog before it actually becomes a blog post.
I worked with late Smita Patilji time to time as I designed costumes of Mr Raj Babbar Saab and I found even Smitaji had this vast canvas of thought beyond the dreamy film world ..Gul Panag too has this seamless versatility and can hold a topic like Gul did during the debate about the future of blogging and its effect on human lives and the much needed compatibility working between journos and bloggers ..
Merely writing the obituary of a blog is not going to kill the blog, the blogger may die his work wont perish and sometimes the blogger may not have answers but through pictures he shows you the ill parts or the malaise in society , he merely illuminates darkness the power supplier has to do the rest. in some cases and the public and concerned authorities or government agencies ..
So like me I am sure others liked to be a part of Gul’s answer question and a friendly debate among diverse opinion for and against this trend of blogging ..
For me a recluse who shoots crowds and crowded pain , my genre is culture religiosity , Hinduism , Sufism Shiasm Christianity Hijra and Transgender and Street Photography Poetry all centered around human suffering and pain ,this was catharsis of sorts for my own soul, my voice could be heard offline at the Indi Bloggers meet on our Independence Day at Sea Princess hotel Juhu.
So Gul showed us she is not just an actress she is a concerned netizen looking forward to the blog changing the quality of human life too..
About Gul Panag from Wikipedia
Gul Panag (3 January 1979; Chandigarh, India) is a Bollywood actress, model, and former beauty queen who competed in the Miss Universe pageant. Her films include Dor, Manorama Six Feet Under, Hello, and Straight.
Gul started her education in Sangrur, in Punjab. However, her father’s army career ensured that, she moved to different places across India (and abroad). As a result of this, she studied in 14 schools including Kendriya Vidyalayas (Chandigarh, Mhow, Leh and Wellington, Tamil Nadu), The Lawrence School, Lovedale and the International School of Lusaka, Zambia. She did her Bachelors degree in Mathematics from Punjabi University Patiala, and Masters in Political Science from Panjab University, Chandigarh. As a student, Panag was interested in sports and public speaking. She won numerous state and national level debate competitions, including 2 gold medals at the prestigious Annual National Inter University Debate competition..
Gul won the coveted Miss India title in 1999, and was crowned Miss Beautiful Smile at the same pageant. At the Miss Universe 1999 pageant, she was ranked among the Top 10 contestants. Gul began her career in movies, with the 2003 film Dhoop. Since then, she has worked in films like Jurm (2005) and the TV series Kashmeer. She played a commoner fighting hard to save her husband from going to the gallows, in the 2006 Nagesh Kukunoor film, Dor. In 2008, she acted in the films Hello and Summer 2007. In 2009 she was seen in the movie Straight. She featured in Rann in a role attempting to stop her boy friend from doing the right thing. Gul appeared on the front page of Maxim with whom she did a major photo shoot in September 2008.
Gul appeared in numerous ads in the TV and print media over the past decade or so (Most notably – The Titan Raga watches ads, and most recently in the Tata Sky ads along with Aamir Khan). Gul is the brand ambassador for Tata Sky, along with Aamir Khan.
Gul is techno-savvy, with strong and interesting views on most subjects. She is highly active on Twitter, and has a huge base of followers on the same. She was the Twitter Face for the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week held in 2009, to cover the happenings/proceedings on the micro-blogging site.
* Stardust Award for Best Actress In A Supporting Role (2009) Movie: Hello
* Screen Award for Best Actress In A Supporting Role (2007)Movie: Dor
* ‘Won Zee Cine Critics Award – Best Actress , tied with Ayesha Takia for Movie Dor (2007
My Mother Is The Best Says Mona The Child Eunuch
I really dont know the actual string of events but I was told that the night Mona was born a eunuch child she was handed over to the hijras.
And I never was curious to really know the truth of Monas birth , I shoot pictures I shoot pain I shoot life I dont prod people with details of their past.
I am not a story teller per se.
And so many years have passed since I met Mona her mother Babita the hijra beauty in the white dress and her foster father Gopal Haji, but I maintain a sense of decorum , one thing I know I wont ever publish a coffee table book, coffee table books are for the fucked rich and the lazy..
I also know I wont ever be printed as a book of poems leave aside hijra poetry.. so I shoot pictures because I have poetic access to these people , there is no other agenda or gainful purpose or motivation.
I am an incorrigible unforgiving fucked street photographer.
My pictures have come the hard way it was not easy and the senior hijras dont like pesky photographers dressed as sadhus , my normal dress code that luckily has now turned black with old age …
These are old pictures I shot of the Hijra fashion week at the All India Hijda Sammelan and they were all shot in one single day in a few hours I am fucked trigger happy photographer I dont wait for future opportunities I dont believe in tomorrow so I shoot hijras.. and I doubt if the hijra believes in tomorrows.
Here Mona the eunuch was shooting his Hijra mother with a point and shoot Kodak.
Every year I meet Mona and her family twice a year once at Haji Malang and the next venue Ajmer Sharif.
Monas father Gopal Haji has invited to me many a hijra sammelans but the nature of my profession prevents me from going and photography poetry or blogging is not my profession.
I politely refuse.. I shoot when I do get an opportunity nothing more nothing less.
And luckily the only time I dont need my pseudo Press Card is when I shoot hijras ..though I have a valid Press Card of Bandra Times a local paper of Mr Clarence Gomes my patron saint and benefactor.
And these are old blank posts that I am adding text updating as you call it bringing them forward on my Flickr photostream…by changing the Exif Data.. of the actual day I posted this picture to the current one.
I learnt this trick from my cousin Glenn Losack..